Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit
Up to 25%
- Provides direct patient care services in the outpatient setting at the Family Medicine Center and other clinics as assigned
- Provides patient care and supervision of residents on the family medicine inpatient service and participates in the faculty call schedule (OB call optional)
- Supervises residents in the outpatient clinic setting and participates in the overall teaching program for teaching and training of residents
- Supervises and teaches clerkship students in the outpatient clinic setting, teaches medical students throughout the medical school curriculum as assigned
- Demonstrates sustained commitment to scholarship by producing and dissemination of scholarly work in peer-reviewed professional forums
- Participates in committees and other administrative duties of the department and the School of Medicine
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations
- Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with Paul L. Foster School of Medicine's declaration of faculty responsibility
Minimum Hire Rate
salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
- Additional training or experience in obstetrics for the candidates interested in practicing obstetrics
- Regional or emerging national recognition for the rank of Associate Professor
HSC - El Paso
Family Medicine Elp Genl
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
- M.D. / D.O.
- Successful completion of ACGME-accredited residency program in family medicine
- Board certification in family medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Texas medical licensure or eligibility for Texas medical license
Does this position work in a research laboratory?