Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Performs coordinative work in the business or administrative operation of a specific department or college. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a department as well as the monitoring operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise staff or student assistants.
Up to 25%
- Assists MPIP Executive and other management staff with clerical, personnel and budget duties. Budget preparation work will involve analyzing prior FY operating expenses, as well as review and creation of PO's for new FY
- Receives and facilitates mailing and distribution of all US Mail, UPS, Federal Express and package deliveries to all personnel
- Purchase supplies equipment, furniture, travel and maintenance for all MPIP Business Operations Departments
- Manage meeting room reservations and business conferences to include arrangements for accommodations for out of town visitors and MPIP functions
- Monitors the activities of the cleaning service contractor to ensure that Service Level Agreement is adhered to. Maintain inventory and usage of departmental supplies
Minimum Hire Rate
- Prefer minimum of 3 years executive assistant experience to include demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prefer experience with Microsoft Access database functions
- Some experience in bookkeeping and accounting for the office management preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in desktop/laptop computer and mobile smartphone applications
- Prefer college graduate with a Bachelor's or Associates Degree from an accredited higher education institution
HSC - El Paso
MPIP Credentialing Elp
Resume / CV, Transcript
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
- Serves as Safety Officer for MPIP Business Operations
- Responsible for annual inventory documentation, location and reporting
- Manage the recruiting process for the Managing Directors. This will include all interview communications and utilizing the Kenexa applicant tracking system. In addition, this will include preparing terminations and promotion ePAFs
- Prepare requisitions and monitor the workflow process through the review process and ultimately payment made to the vendor
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
- Bachelor's degree plus two (2) years related experience OR a combination of education and/or progressively responsible related experience to equal six (6) years
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Navy Enlisted Classification Code
AZ, LS, MC, PS, RP, YN
Army Military Occupational Specialty Code
15P, 36B, 42A, 56M, 68J, 88H, 88N, 89A, 89B, 92A, 92Y
Air Force Specialty Code
Marine Military Occupational Specialty Code
0111, 3372, 6046