Certified Clinical Research Assoc
Certified Clinical Research Assoc
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Plans, organizes, and conducts research in assigned clinical department for use in own work or in projects of the institution by performing the following duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Responsible for coordinating patient enrollment into clinical research activities as defined in research study protocols and PI.
- Responsible for screening potential study patients evaluate protocol defined inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling patient's study visits, and required clinical testing as well as any required imaging.
- Responsible for ensuring 100%documentation of ICF /HIPAA and maintain in study binder /files.
- Responsible for performing routine clinical tests including but not limited to draw blood.
- Responsible for handling routine clinical samples (i.e. blood, urine), and label specimens appropriately and assure prompt shipping if to outside laboratory. Submit request for dry ice and ship label samples.
- Assist PI with preparation of abstract and manuscripts for publication and/or with the submission of grant materials and data reporting for grants.
- Plus other duties as deemed necessary by Physician, PI, and Administration.
- Knowledge of all related regulatory policies and procedures relevant to field of research study (i.e. IACUD, IBC, and CITI) . Experience working with Clinical Trials.
- Knowledge of modern research practices, the methods, resources, and standards thereof.
Minimum Hire Rate
B.S. in related science field with experience in a lab setting.
HSC - El Paso
Professional License or Certification
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
- Responsible for maintaining supplies as necessary for multiple research studies. Manages research labs ensuring that sufficient supplies are on hand and that equipment is clean and available in good repair
- Responsible for replying, preparing and completing regulatory documents and/or sponsor requests for data, clarifications, (aka queries, DCF, etc..) and/or submitting to the local IRB and sponsor.
- Responsible for coordinating and attending investigator meetings for research protocols. regular meetings with the sponsor's research representatives for each one of the clinical research trials.
- Responsible for maintaining communication with UMC Compliance Officer regarding new and potential research studies, services needed form UMC/EPCH and sponsor site visits
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
- Associate’s degree in a field of study related to the clinical research trial plus one (1) year related experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal three (3) years
- Certified Clinical Research Professional as defined by The Society of Clinical Research Associates OR ability to obtain certification as a Clinical Research Professional within two years from date of hire or upon eligibility
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Are select agents used in this laboratory?