Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Performs supervisory and coordinative work in the operation of a specific program or departmental project. Responsibilities involve the coordination and supervision of the various functions and aspects of a specific program as well as the monitoring of program staff and operational procedures. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on results obtained. May supervise program staff, volunteers and student assistants.
Up to 25%
1. Serves as Emergency Medicine department receptionist. Provides general information in response to in-person and telephone inquiries from HSC staff, patients, general public, etc. Handles questions and requests when appropriate, or refers person inquiring to appropriate faculty or staff member.
2. Responsible for sorting and distribution of mail to appropriate personnel. Distributes faxes received promptly to pertinent employees.
3. Performs data entry on the systems required by Texas Tech programs in the different Emergency Medicine divisions.
4. Maintains schedule for Department of Emergency Medicine conference room. Makes reservations on other TTUHSC rooms available as needed for the department. On a weekly basis confirms reservation of rooms with parties involved. Ensures monthly faculty/chair meetings and Thursday conference are listed throughout the year.
5. Maintains departmental rosters (i.e. faculty/resident; interoffice extensions and staff) Assures listings are kept current.
6. Responsible for coordinating and maintaining property inventory for B3200 Emergency Medicine by using the property management on-line system. Physically verifies all departmental property. Maintains office supply room and storage in need order.
7. Keeps inventory of supply room to ensure toners and other office supplies are available.
8. Checks all printers (large multi-user only), copier and fax machine for paper supply. Replenishes paper supply on a daily basis throughout the day. Empties the plastic container in the departmental shredding bin.
9. Assists other employees with typing, filing material, prepares presentations and deliveries to and from departments at TTUHSC and UMC.
10. Maintains files and records in area assigned.
11. Meets with supervisor on a daily or on an as needed basis to apprise of any major projects, workflow and any problems encountered.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Hire Rate
As required by supervisor
Knowledge and experience in Banner/Cognos system, property inventory, purchasing, travel processes. Knowledge in the use of reception telephone console.
HSC - El Paso
Emergency Medicine Elp Genl
Resume / CV, Transcript, Writing Sample
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
High school graduation plus five (5) years progressively responsible related experience; additional related education may exchange for required experience on a year for year basis.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Navy Enlisted Classification Code
AZ, LS, MC, PS, RP, YN
Army Military Occupational Speciality Code
15P, 36B, 42A, 56M, 68J, 88H, 88N, 89A, 89B, 92A, 92Y
Air Force Speciality Code
Marine Military Occupational Speciality Code
0111, 3372, 6046