Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Performs specialized analytical duties in the operation and maintenance of assigned area. Responsibilities include collecting, analyzing and developing data relative to area, making recommendations and assisting in implementation of projects. Work is performed under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Up to 25%
- Coordinate new projects and ongoing support activities related to the Electronic Medical Record and all other Clinical applications that integrate with the system. Supervise Sr. Analyst to ensure that all assigned tasks and projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Identify requirements needed for software implementations/modifications and coordinate the processes efficiently.
- Monitor known issues and take action when appropriate. Coordinate with all the appropriate teams for resolution.
- Develop and maintain documentation for all current and new standard procedures and workflows related to the Electronic Medical Record implementation and other applications that integrate with the system. Develop and maintain documentation for data validation for new and existing content.
- Take active role in educating team members and offer assistance when needed. Ensure that the team knows the tools available for efficient customer support and software modifications. Promote cross-developmental activities and the sharing of knowledge among teams. Encourage and ensure cooperative interaction among Information Management System team members.
- Coordinate and provide Training to end users on the Electronic Medical Record application as well as all other clinical applications supported by the EMR Team. Design online and face to face training programs based upon user role and department needs.
- Assist end users with Electronic Medical Record software specialization and modifications.
- Provide telephone assistance to staff/users with software issues related to the Electronic Medical System and associated clinical applications.
- Collaborate with Interface Systems support and Enterprise Application Support Teams to identify software or programs that can be developed and/or implemented for clinical process improvement.
- Be available during off working hours and in case of emergency.
- Other related duties as requested by the supervisor.
Minimum Hire Rate
Position Specific Qualifications
One or more years experience coordinating or managing projects.
Experience working with or supporting Electronic Medical Records.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
3.Experience testing the functionality of application modifications.
4.Experience in training or instructing of software applications.
5.Experience working with healthcare applications.
HSC - El Paso
Technology Services Elp
Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV, Transcript
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor’s degree plus four years progressively responsible related experience; OR a combination of education and experience to equal eight years.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?