Medical Admin Secretary (Family Medicine)
Medical Admin Secretary (Family Medicine)
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Performs specialized clerical and secretarial duties in direct support of a Department Chair within the Health Science Center. Employees in this position are responsible for performing varied and complex office duties which require a thorough knowledge of departmental and institutional policies and procedures, as well as medical and scientific terminology. Employees in this classification may be responsible for supervising a small clerical unit. Work is performed under general office conditions requiring a high degree of telephone and personal contact with HSC faculty, staff, patients, and outside professionals. Work is also performed under pressure of deadlines, which may include frequent requests for urgent reports
- Will provide front office coverage as it applies to vendor; regarding goods, services, equipment for departments clinical needs.
- Will serve as direct support for the Chair. Will compose correspondence as needed. Will be liaison to the THOP Transmountain staff office and other TTUHSC departments
- Prepare travel request forms for Chair. Assure leave request is approved and funds are available for travel
- Is responsible for maintaining the Chair's calendar of events. Maintains and distributes monthly departmental calendar of meetings to appropriate personnel and faculty
- Is responsible for making all travel arrangements; to include applications/vouchers for the Chair
- For faculty recruitment purposes. will work closely with recruitment section in processing all prospective faculty appointments, to include travel arrangements/accommodations, interview packets and itineraries associated with the appointment process. Prepares and completes travel applications and vouchers for faculty recruitment
- Transcribes minutes for the departmental and faculty meetings
- Maintain assigned credentialing files (i.e. DPS, DEA, TX license, CV) for Chair
- Is responsible for making sure that reports are submitted in a timely manner to the Administrator(s) these reports include but are not limited to, purchase requests, travel vouchers, etc..
- Is responsible for organizing the Departmental monthly meetings for the Chair (i.e. faculty, departmental)
- Process department purchases create E-PO's, will maintain receipts and supporting documentation for audit log. Obtains prompt reimbursement for Chair official business related expenses as needed
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor(s), administrator, or chair.
Position Specific Qualifications:
Skills such as this for a Medical Secretary and including basic accounting skills, management and/or supervisory training and medical terminology. Language Skills: Demonstrate outstanding proficiency in grammatical skills and spelling. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in write, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variable in standardized situations. Other Skills and abilities: Working knowledge of medical and scientific terminology. Performs satisfactorily under pressure of deadlines. Displays exceptional accuracy and skillfull use of a personal computer and assigned software. Demonstrates proficiency in various software programs,: Word (Required) Detail oriented with superb organizational skills. Independent worker
Minimum Hire Rate
Previous experience executing highly skilled administrative duties. Experience with Banner software system. Experience in State of Texas requirements and working knowledge of Excel 5.0 (preferred)
HSC - El Paso
Transmountain Practice Admin Elp
Resume / CV, Transcript
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Executive and Admin Assistants
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
High school diploma or the equivalent plus at least 12 months experience as a Senior Medical Secretary at TTUHSC with a most recent performance evaluation of Very Good or Outstanding OR 5 years experience in a progressively responsible secretarial position with 3 years in a medical or scientific setting.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Navy Enlisted Classification Code
Army Military Occupational Specialty Code
Air Force Specialty Code
Marine Military Occupational Specialty Code