Patient Services Specialist
Patient Services Specialist
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
This position is responsible for assuring smooth operation of the clinic patient flow and serves as the primary contacts for patients. Responsible for scheduling appointments, preparing necessary paperwork before the patient visits, receiving patients, and maintaining records. In addition, this position is responsible for processing charges for clinic services, filing insurance claims, responding to requests for information from patients and insurance companies and maintaining related information for the department. Employees in this classification receive general supervision. Most work is performed according to established procedures; problems of an unusual nature are referred to supervisor. Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally. Ability to understand and follow instructions. Work is performed in usual clinic conditions and requires a high degree of contact with patients, HSC staff, and insurance companies. Employees have cash handling responsibilities.
Transcript, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
1.Answers and handles contact center appointment calls appropriately according to department procedures and guidelines.
2.Answers and handles contact center medical concern calls within the timeframe allotted and appropriately according to department procedures and guidelines.
3.Answers and handles contact center prescription refill calls and routes within the timeframe allotted and appropriately according to department procedures and guidelines.
4. Answers and handles contact center calls appropriately according to department procedures and guidelines new, existing and prospective patients regarding a variety of other inquiries not specified in the first 3 options.
5. Outbound calls to patients as needed or required by department.
6. Answers and handles billing contact center calls appropriately according to department procedures and guidelines from new, existing, and prospective patients in regards to insurance and copay inquiries.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Hire Rate
HSC - El Paso
Family Medicine Elp Genl
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+Education:+ A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.+Experience:+ * At least three years of general office experience. * At least one year of general office experience in a clinic or physician's office.
- * At least 90 days service at TTUHSC as a Patient Services Trainee, documented completion of all relevant IDX training and a recent performance appraisal on file with a rating of meeting or exceeding expectations.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Navy Enlisted Classification Code
Army Military Occupational Speciality Code
Air Force Speciality Code
Marine Military Occupational Speciality Code