Research Administrator II
Research Administrator II
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Performs routine pre-award and/or post-award sponsored programs activities associated with management and oversight of the life cycle of awards.
Up to 25%
- Review federal, state, private, industry and foundation grants for compliance with sponsor guidelines and institutional policy; provide education and support to faculty/staff during the proposal development process. Ensures compliance with sponsor guidelines, institutional policy and applicable federal and state law. Assume AO responsibilities ad submit grant applications directly to sponsors on behalf of the institutions.
- Assist faculty and staff with the preparation and submission of proposals.
- Serve as liaison between the Principal Investigator and the sponsoring agency as well as the liaison between campus and the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Employee must ensure all sponsored program documents and information are saved accurately and in the appropriate location.
- Ensure individuals and institutions are not debarred from receiving grants/contracts and that all necessary research committee approvals are in place.
- Ensure required institutional, federal and state approval have been received and are current when procession grant proposals and grant awards.
Minimum Hire Rate
- Experience with grant and proposal submissions for academic institutions.
- Broad experience with electronic grant systems and portals.
HSC - El Paso
Research Admin Elp
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
- Review and execute incoming FDP and non-FDP subaward agreements and amendments as needed throughout the life of a project for which TTUHSCEP is a subawardee.
- Prepare and execute FDP and non-FDP outgoing subaward agreements and amendments as needed throughout the life of a grant/contract that includes funding for a subawardee.
- Review and approve new fund requests and budget revisions for each budget period of an awarded sponsored project.
- Perform non-financial post award management.
- May be considered for future remote work opportunity.
- Other duties as assigned.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience OR
- combination of education and experience to equal 6 years.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.