Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Performs professional level analysis and control functions in area of assignment.
Up to 25%
- Assist with all issues related to the EMR System. Report known issues to end user and take action when appropriate.
- Documentation of new standard operation procedures related to the EMR implementation process and ongoing support
- Provide telephone assistance to end-users with EMR software issues and associated applications.
- Assist EMR end users with EMR software specialization, modifications, and data validation. This requires understanding medical content and medical terminology.
- Assess EMR templates and provide recommendations to ease and improve medical staff data capture and workflow. Work with various departmental clinical assistants, nursing assistants, and providers. This requires understanding of clinical setting to include triaging, vitals and minor procedures; and medical terminology.
- Train end-users on the EMR sytem and other clinical applications. Apply clinical knowledge to create real case scenarios to improve EMR's training material.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the EMR software capabilities as the software evolves and all other related systems.
- Be available during off working hours in the case of an emergency.
- Assist with any system modification requests from the clinics related to quality improvement, Meaningful Use and other clinic initiatives.
- Other related duties as requested by the management.
Minimum Hire Rate
Position Specific Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in related field. Three (3) years related experience; OR a combination of related education and/or
experience to equal seven years. Strong communication skills, with particular emphasis on ability to communicate
complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences Knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to communicate effectively with
physicians, patients, co-workers, and outside medical entities.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. One or more years experience implementing or supporting healthcare information systems
2. Experience working in the medical field
3. Experience in training or instructing of software applications
4. Experience working with Electronic Medical Record Software
5. Experience working with Clinical/Medical Information Systems
6. Experience with processes in the outpatient setting such as patient intake and discharge.
HSC - El Paso
Technology Services Elp
Resume / CV, Transcript
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Bachelor's degree in related field. Three (3) years related experience; OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal seven years.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?