Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Performs specialized, complex work to assist in the organization and implementation of various projects and programs. Work is performed under supervision within established guidelines with performance based on overall results obtained.
Up to 25%
- Assess, sort, and screen charge slips from the work file received through the Radiology Fee Ticket application.
- Acquire and verify patient demographics and related documentation in several computer systems for a large volume of work.
- Verify insurance coverage and use independent judgment to assign financial status classification to ensure prompt and billable services charges.
- Process contract billing services and research study invoicing.
- Process Edit Lists and resubmit corrected invoices.
- Distribute documents to Central Registration and MPIP for additional processing.
Minimum Hire Rate
- Familiarity with medical terminology, insurance billing duties, computer, and general office equipment.
HSC - El Paso
Radiology Dept Elp Genl
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Executive and Admin Assistants
- Assist with other general office duties assigned.
- Attend seminars and related training workshops and departmental training to maintain current on all insurance carriers, federal and state guidelines, compliance guidelines, and business office policies related to work assigned.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
- High school plus five years experience.
- Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.