Sr Medical Secretary
Sr Medical Secretary
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Performs specialized clerical and secretarial duties in support of the medical staff/faculty of the TTUHSC. Employees in this position are responsible for performing varied and complex office duties that require a thorough knowledge of departmental and institutional policies and procedures, as well as medical and scientific terminology. Job descriptions are subject to change due to advances in technology, use of work force, and factors that may impact the TTUHSC's need to modify position requirements. May be responsible for supervising a small clerical unit. Perform under pressure of deadlines.
- Responsible for setting up a system to ensure faculty credentials are renewed and kept current to ensure compliance and proper distribution (i.e. Texas Medical License, DEA License, Board Certification Certificate, ACLS, PALS, NRP, BLS, etc.)
- Responsible for assisting with new faculty on-boarding to include but not limited: to assist with gathering credentialing documentation, preparing HR system appointment(s), ensuring legal documents are consistent with hire date and properly executed, scheduling of orientations, scheduling of training (i.e. computer, EMR, dictation, ACLS, etc.) completion of on-line trainings (compliance, HIPPA, electronic access, tour of MOB and hospital, etc.)
- Assist with faculty purchasing needs with administrative staff (i.e. business cards, specialty clinical items, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining faculty departmental file to ensure compliance
- Responsible for ensuring CME is properly allocated according to faculty legal documentation
- Responsible for coordinating travel for CME conferences for faculty
- Responsible for working with hospital medical staff on "Call" schedule to ensure conflicts are avoided
- Responsible for maintaining faculty outlook calendar and ensure conflicts with clinical and administrative functions are avoided
- Responsible for handling incoming phone calls and route appropriately
- Responsible for handling incoming and outgoing correspondence and route appropriately
- Responsible for composing typing, and dissemination of letters, Power Point presentations, meeting minutes, dictation, or other documents as requested by faculty
- Act as back-up for executive office's front desk
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Hire Rate
- Demonstrate proficiency in various software programs, to include Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented with superb organizational skills
HSC - El Paso
Transmountain Practice Admin Elp
Resume / CV, Transcript
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Executive and Admin Assistants
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
High school diploma or GED; five years secretarial experience with 3 years in a medical setting OR at least 12 months experience as a Medical Secretary at TTUHSC.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?