Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Safely performs journeyman level tasks in the fabrication, construction, maintenance, alteration and repair of fixtures, equipment, structures, buildings, and built-in components for Texas Tech facilities. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification, Recommendation/Referral, Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Up to 25%
1. Responsible for ensuring that all 24/7 shifts are properly staffed and monitors the quality, promptness and actions taken on 247 troubleshooting tasks.
2. Works with other trades and maintenance staff to complete maintenance and installation of building systems.
3. Prepare and submit work documentation, to include work order submission, changes to system (e.g. directories), etc. Supervises documentation prepared to monitor equipment.
4. Updates, maintains and coordinates information and schematic drawings pertaining to the facilities mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
5. Installs and maintain mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and equipment such as HVAC, boilers, metasys, controls, valves, VFD's, etc.
6. Performs preventive maintenance functions as assigned.
7. Responds to and corrects, work related calls such as temperature or odor complaints. Performs on-call duties as required.
8. Monitors water treatment programs to ensure the efficient utilization of water and chemicals to minimize waste.
9. Responds to emergency calls in a timely and efficient manner to promptly correct the issue.
10. Monitors and controls fire alarm systems and responds to life safety alarms and trouble signals in accordance with existing procedures and routines.
11. Monitors and adjust set points and operating parameters to optimize systems and equipment under the guidance of mechanical tradesman leader and Foreman.
12. Maintains and monitors building energy management System. Produce reports and energy consumption trends for analysis.
13. Actively participates and completes training, personal development and continuing education.
14. Must have and maintain valid State of Texas Drivers License and be listed as an approved driver as determined by Risk Management and insurance carrier. Must be able to pass the employee Criminal Background Check.
Minimum Hire Rate
24/7, Holidays and Weekends
Journeyman or Master Licenses
HSC - El Paso
Bldg Maint and Op Elp
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
-Ability to supervise task teams and monitor quality team financial performance and team's time usage.
-Ability to read and interpret construction documents.
-Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
-Basic knowledge and ability to install, operate, maintain and install of building systems and associated equipment.
-Skilled in proper use of the tools, equipment and devices used in the construction and maintenance trade.
-Knowledge of occupational and safety hazards of the trade, PPE and industry accepted practices to prevent accidents.
-Able to work and respond on weekends, holidays and after hours.
-Basic understanding of other trades and able to perform or assist in the completion of them.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Proficiency in written and mathematical skills as may be reflected in the completion of high school or equivalent. Three years experience in designated trade or licensed journeyman.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?